Sunday, June 24, 2007

Summer was great until

. . . uninvited houseguests arrived.
I don't care how damn cute and little they may be out of doors, these bitches are scary when they're scurrying unexpectedly over your toes as you stand in your kitchen.

I had to call in the professionals for this job. I killed one all by myself by trapping it in the heating duct and waiting for it to die. Oh, the stank.

But two makes a pattern in my book, so the traps are set. The exterminator promised I wouldn't hear the scream, but if I go check the traps, I might see a "little butt hanging out."

No, thanks.

I'm worried about my karma. How do I explain to the Big Dog upstairs that I wouldn't have to kill these striped rats if they kept the hell out of my house? What kind of penance must I do to clear my soul? Clean slate. I need a clean slate.

Any ideas?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

would it be possible to get rid of the "death" traps for something more humane? is there anything that can be done to keep them from coming in in the first place?

Anonymous said...

My friend had racoons living in the attic of her building (and peeing through the ceiling - nice, huh?). They were able to set cage traps for them (non-lethal), however, one morning, my friend saw the mama raccoon carrying all of her little ones out. They never came back.

oog

divine m said...

I asked about a more human trap, but Mr. exterminator said the poor little devils get so stressed out at being captured, they have heart attacks and die anyway. He promised this was the quickest, most painless method.

Three souls on my hands so far. . . .

SiddityintheCity said...

You could eat 'em. That way it would be more like, um, sustenance than murder.

It's gonna be lean protein, anyway.

Anonymous said...

oh.

my.

god.

no way.

now might not be the best time to tell you i purchased this t-shirt:

http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/dramaticchipmunk/male