Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Away, again


I am so ready to enter another world for a little while. That inevitably means I'll be spiralling deeper into myself. But at least there will be prettier landscape surrounding me. And I won't have to look at all these friggin' boxes anymore.

That's right. I'm off to Ireland and Scotland for a month. I'm leaving behind my laptop this time and pretty much anything else that might weigh me down. It's all about bringing as little as possible to make room for what greets me.

Here's what I'm most looking forward to:

*seeing old, dear friends and searching for one particular long lost one
*returning to places that are infused with meaning for me
*retreating to a little island to write and walk and swim
*going wild at the Edinburgh Festival
*riding horses on the beach

I haven't quite figured out how, when or where I'll tackle that last one, but it's been on my list for a while. And why the hell not?

I've been so wrapped up in sorting through junk, selling junk, giving it away, packing it up, finding a place to live, preparing to be gone for a while and dive right back into it when I get back, that I haven't taken much time to ponder this trip. I've gone to Ireland so many times now that it feels less like a huge trip than it once did. It's kind of like going home without all the crap that comes with having to deal with family.

And yet I am aiming to confront parts of my past. Come to terms with my younger self. Reconcile with her.

I probably won't be blogging much while I'm away, but I'll post photos when I return.

Wish me luck (whatever that is)!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, sweetie, and good luck finding Spike! We miss him, too!

Love you, love you!


Us
(oog and woog)

divine m said...

I've already got one lead on him--I'll keep you posted and give him your love when I find the little man!

Anonymous said...

oooh. that sounds fun. next time take me with you!

Anonymous said...

Are you coming home EVER???

Miss your musings!

Love us
(oog & woog)

WandaWoman said...

Yup, I just came by to see if you will post again or if you are done.