Friday, August 25, 2006

J'ai trouve mon coeur dans le Cote d'Azure!

Okay, so I can't quite figure out this keyboard to put the right accents on those words, but I found my heart here, y'all! Yeah, the necklace was tucked away in a little satchel inside another one, and I'm wearing it again. And I have found my place in the sun. Y'all can have all of Italy. You can have the Dalmatian Coast. I'll take the South of France and I'll even share it.

It probably helps that I have a rudimentary grasp of the language. I was watching Sesame Street and Scooby Doo this morning with my coffee, and I could pretty much understand all of it. So, give me a four year old to converse with, and I'll do fine!

By the way, I'm in Nice. And I've decided to stay here. For a week. I rented what amounts to a little efficiency between the train station and the sea. It's a perfect base for exploring neighboring villages and the city itself. Prices are high here, but with my own kitchenette, I am having so much fun and saving so much by doing my own shopping and cooking! La vie est tres belle!

Yesterday I spent a lot of time recovering from Italy and the train ride. Too much air conditioning, too much snoring, and a bourgeoning sore throat left me feeling pretty punk. Now I feel much better, and ready to take on Provence! Looking to get my hair done and buy some shoesies.

Yay and more yay!

1 comment:

Viv said...

If you see Bono and the boys try and behave around them. But tell them they're pretty much the shizznit.

And if you mooch a free meal with them, you're the shizznit!