Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Au revoir, fair lady.

You were one hell of a broad.

I sure was glad to meet you and work on your campaign when I was just a lass. And I'm especially glad I got to tell you so when I bumped into you on Market Street in San Francisco a couple years ago. That shock of white hair and crystal-clear blue eyes couldn't have belonged to anyone else.

"You're the Texas governor who should be in the White House," I said to herself. "Well bless your little heart," she said back.

Politics sure could use more of your spirit, especially on the national stage.

Where the hell did everyone's sense of humor go, anyway? Terrorism, war, destruction, corrupt politics, suffering are here to stay. But does that mean we can't be smart and spunky anymore? God damn.

How can we honor her memory?

No comments: