Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Harumph.

So shortly home, yet so many problems already.

1. The PhD is wearing me down. Do I really want to do this academic gig? Sure, I love to learn, I love to teach, I love to write, but wouldn't being a full-time journalist afford me those things? But then there are the summers off. . . .

2. A lover. I'm lacking one. I'm ready for him. I did manage to break the curse/spell I was under during my jolly good time in Europe. That's all I'll say on that. Yup. It was that good. Now I'm ready for more. Longer-term, loving, devoted understanding, intimacy, adoration and frolicking. It is not too much to ask. I know this now.

3. Consuming too much beer, gelato and foie gras for three months equals me plus 10 pounds. I've dropped 3, but the others can't come off fast enough, dammit! It's soooo much easier and fun to put them on than take them off. But ain't nothing worth suffering in tight pants. Oy!

4. Shall I go to this or not this year?

5. Did I mention I'm turning 30 in two months? I'm thinking party in Chicago this year. Day after Thanksgiving, y'all!

In happier, non-whiny news, BFF birthed a beautiful baby boy yesterday! We welcome their new, little marvel of a precious person to the world. Yay hope for the future! And a quick recovery to the other Mz. M from her C-section. Ouch.

And I promise updated flicker photos by the weekend. . . .

1 comment:

Sid said...

Congrats to the BFF. And to you, on the, um, you know.

Heh.

Good to have you back!