Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sometimes you work hard and it pays off

. . . unbeknownst to you.

I have lost 17 pounds since September. Can you believe that shit? I mean, I've been working out consistently and feeling good and all, but I had no idea.

I love calculations that turn out in my favor. Now I'm going to try to take that vibe into doing my taxes. . . . and ride it all the way through end-of-term grades on to bikini season!

I'm also thinking about taking a trip. I need an adventure to look forward to, and a break mid-winter, early spring always does me right. Now it's down to Paris or Atlanta. They both have reconnections on the table; Atlanta has better weather in March and a writer's conference that could be a career booster; and Paris, well, I mean come on! I've been hankering for visual art, sophistication and fun--is there any better place for that combo? I reckon, considering the facts at hand, the trips would each cost the same. But I could write off Atlanta. I guess I could write off Paris, too, if I produced an article or something about it. . . .
http://wwwlb.aub.edu.lb/~jk09/images/Paris/eiffel%20tower%20lucy%20and%20jeremy.jpg

Obviously I'm leaning toward Paris. Wouldn't you?

3 comments:

oognwoog said...

Hi, sweets!

I would definitely do Paris, although my friend/old boss went there in April one year and hated the weather. I guess it's not the same as saying "April in Paris."

Just thought I'd mention that part...and thanks for linking to my blog! We had a great time seeing you and hope you can visit for longer.

oognwoog

Shasta MacNasty said...

i've never been to paris before, but oognwoog is right about the weather during april. it's not fun. : /

still, i still say paris. because it's paris!

divine m said...

I know, I know, but you know, the weather outside doesn't matter worth a hill o' beans when you're traipsing through museums, sitting around in cafes and dancing your ass off in night clubs, does it?

Thanks for the reality check, y'all--it's making me think more about how this trip (as all trips) will ultimately be about the company I keep. It ain't no sun holiday, that's for sure. . . .

And to both of you--dang if I don't miss y'all--so, so good to see you in Chicago!