Thursday, March 08, 2007

Back.

From Pah-ree and Dublin. Lived it up--ate like royalty, danced 'til dawn, took in the lunar eclipse, chased down Oscar Wilde. Then popped across the pond to inhale the city I love more than anyplace on earth, to see the daffodils growing wild along the highway, watch the full moon make a path to me on the black Irish sea, and spend a few hours with people whose company I find relief in. A marvelous mix--an all-too-brief four days well spent. Now I'm jetlagged yet renewed. And I think I've made a professional decision that just might change my life.

I'll keep you posted. Photos to come.

Finally, the sun shines again. I can visualize spring on the horizon. It can't come too soon.

2 comments:

SiddityintheCity said...

Damn, but I miss yew!

Sigh. I can't wait to get myself out that way again. Agh!

So glad you had a good time, and hooray for perspective! Travel is like an out-of-body experience, and sometimes you have to get out of yourself to be able to see all the little things you've got to stop, change, or reimagine.

I ain't worried about you, though. You're never far from your path.

Hope you're still feeling the post-trip glow!

divine m said...

Sid: I miss you, too, dahlink! We'll have to change our apartness soon, soon. Funny about travel--it is always a catalyst for me, but as someone who has undergone two out-of-body experiences, I would describe the best of it as more of an in-body experience. I feel like I truly embody myself in changing contexts more than I do when faced with the monotony of my day-to-day. It's a grand reminder of what it is to move through the world in this particular, gloriously flawed body, one I often don't acknowledge and honor the way it deserves.

And I do still feel the post-trip glow. Do you? How can we make it last?