Monday, May 14, 2007

ethereal toxicity and cutting bitches loose

I feel like I'm going through a phase in which I'm cutting loose all the intangibles that are dragging me down. It's not an entirely conscious choice. It seems to be an effect of choosing not to fight to make people understand things I think they should. I'm not out to change anybody but myself, and that certainly frees up a lot of time and energy.

So all that time and energy is going into the things that matter: putting down roots, taking charge of my finances, giving to things and people that give back, making time for what renews me. It's one of those seismic shifts that seems like it happened overnight, but it's really a cumulative effect from years and years of little earthquakes and day-to-day choices.

My horoscope said this would happen this year.

I guess you do reap what you sow, for better or for worse. Things seem to be lining up for me. The job--the vocation and avocation--and the residence appear to be falling into place and connecting nicely. After years of up-in-the-air-edness, having a few things land is a relief.

Lord knows you have to land before you can take flight again. And I'm working on shrugging off all the dead weight in its many forms. I think I'm getting better at detecting it early and ejecting it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that very much sounds like the book i finished yesterday, "the celestine prophecy."

getting life in order rules! yay for orderly life.

Anonymous said...

oh snap. it looks like the movie is even worse than the book. ew. ew. ew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUdDvrAFI1k

divine m said...

Oh shit. If I sound like that sappy bastard, I need to rethink my style in a major way.

I hate how hard it's become to pull off earnest.

But yeah, getting shit in order feels pretty damn good. Way better than avoidance and procrastination. . . .