Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rock star.

I got a new hairdo yesterday. I told T, esteemed hairdressing member of my personal team, that I needed something more rock-n-roll. Oh baby, did he deliver.

As soon as I get a digital camera I'll show you. Until then, think: blondier, choppier, layerier, just as long, flat-ironed straight, sleek, '70's rock chick chic. When I let it go wavy, T promises it'll have more height. Cuz I told him where I'm from there's no such thing as hair that's too big or too blonde. He can jive with that.

So, in honor of my rock star hairdo, I'm wearing black from head to toe with a bejeweled, metallic belt. All marathon Wednesday long. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reinventing yourself is fun. Try it.

4 comments:

Shasta MacNasty said...

Question: Where does self-reinvention come from? How do I know if I'm ready for something like that? What does it take? How far does it go?

Shasta MacNasty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sid said...

Howdy love,

you know, you need to get a digital camera right now! How can you tell me these things and then not shoooooooooow me! Michigan is the show me state after all (I know, i't isn't; that's missouri. But y'all all start with M).

Good luck on your marathon wednesday. methinks a little rock and roll shake up is what that town needs :)

I'm workin' on a little self-reinvention. I just need to make sure I've got the wilder bits reigned in. There may be no such thing as too big or too blond, but there is too much rock and roll!

divine m said...

Shaz: I think it comes from being sick and tired of being sick and tired; and for me, it means returning to a part of myself I got away from for too long. It takes the courage to say, "Fuck all y'all. I'm gonna be me." But that's always how I've seen you, darlin'--being yourself in all your glory regardless of what anybody else has to say about it.
How far does it go? I think it can go as far as sex change operations for some people, but me? Any non surgical options are open, as long as they're done in the spirit of play.

Sid: Camera? Doing research right now--got the latest CR on digital cameras, but should I get the best minimum, which means a little clunky model, or spend the extra $100 and get a sleeker one?
As for your reinvention, I think letting the wild bits loose is essential; the trick is to reign in the self-destruction. Big Difference.

Da: Oh, I'm smiling.

smh: I know y'all are gonna be the best you can be--together. And that's great. Also, I got the socks and more hot sauce--yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you!