Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Exhausted.

Thank God it's almost Thursday. I'm wrecked from another Wednesday and teaching is starting to feel impossible. Burnout feels imminent.

My last set of papers was so bad I didn't even assign grades. I told them to write out their theses and outlines and I'll grade that. Make those bitches think and quit typing out their lousy, pretentious, convoluted drivel. No bullshit and don't bore me--those are my bottom line rules for my student writers, regardless of genre. Same rules apply for news, reviews, features, fiction, poetry, whatevers.

Thank Jesus I'm skipping town. Off to Chicago for the weekend--happy bday to Siddity. And then on to the Dub. Did I tell you my darling friend invited me to stay at her house while I'm there? Delighted, I am.

But oh so tired.

I also have the framework for my book just about set. I can see it, folks. I've never really been able to say that before. I'll be doing a reading on Monday night. I need to take some time to rework some of my new stuff and debut the work in progress. I'm coming out. Watch out.

I'll also be doing a reading on Paddy's Day. Kiki will be doing part of a play in which I'll be an actor and I'll read something new and Irish themed. We also decided we'll write and read dirty limericks for the occasion and do shots of whiskey before we take the podium. Do we know fun or what?

1 comment:

divine m said...

Oh please, please, please share the dirty limericks in your repertoire!

I love the man from Calcutta.

You silly!