Monday, January 30, 2006

Impulsive.

Tonight I bought a ticket to Dublin.

That's right. Dublin.

I've been living there in my imagination as I craft my screenplay set there, but now it's time to return in the flesh. This is part of my intense reclamation this year. You see, the last time I travelled the streets of my fair city was Christmas 2002--make that New Year's 2002-2003. I met my beloved there and he behaved badly. Ruined the trip. Damn near stole my city from me.

But now I'm returning. Alone. The way I first arrived there in 1995 to meet myself after facing down death. In some ways I feel I've faced a different kind of death since then. It's time to live again!

Thank God for Aer Lingus. Thanks to their March Madness sale, I'll be flying roundtrip from Chicago to Dublin for less than the cost of a ticket to anywhere else I was considering going over spring break.

This is right. I feel the world opening up to me . . . again.

I'll be conducting research for my writing, and I assure you: I will leave no stone unturned. . . .

2 comments:

Sid said...

*WILD APPLAUSE*

You. Go.

Yay! can't wait to hear those stories, man...

divine m said...

Sid: Thanks, love; and you know I'm ready to live--and live to tell them!