Saturday, January 21, 2006

I am so bad.

Here's what I did last night that was so wrong:

1. I starting drinking at 4 p.m. In a meeting.
2. I continued to drink with my date, whom I happened to steal away from his wife for the evening.
3. We continued to drink over dinner, before
4. arriving late to the play
5. I had to review and
6. I was slightly inebriated.
7. My editor was there.

Despite the fact that it was a campy musical, I loved it. Partly because of the red wine and the fine company I kept, but mostly because the star of the show was an exquisite dancer of a man dressed as a woman. Gets me every time.

I filed the review, and now I must get to the loads of other work I have on the agenda this weekend. Then I'm off to a meeting --yes, it's Saturday--and two parties.

It ain't easy having a full dance card all the time. I'm tellin' ya.

No comments: