Monday, January 16, 2006

And so it begins again.

I am officially not running a marathon this year. Not because I swore I wouldn't after crossing the finish line last Oct. 9 in Chicago. Because my new horoscope book says ain't.

And I agree.

However, it's high time I return to the blogosphere--if for no other reason than to have a good writin' thing to do while procrastinating writing what I really need to be writing. Because I'm writing my book. Finally. What? I've only been talking about it for 10 years. I wrote a chapter and a book proposal and workshopped them a couple of times. But fuck that. This is for reals. This is down-to-the-wire Saturn Return business to finish up.

Plus, I wrote down a pile of new year's resolutions back in December when I was stuck in O'Hare for a good while and for stupid reasons. 2006 is the year that I will turn 30, so here's what I decided:

2006 is the year that I will reclaim: my body, my space, my writing, my diamond ring.

You see, I still have the gorgeous, crystal-clear diamond ring set in an arseload of platinum that my former and much beloved s.o. (notice I don't add the "b"--this is growth, people) gave me when he declared his "forever love" for me. I don't doubt that the love is forever, it's just that the relationship wasn't. So fair fucks to us both.

Anywho, I love this diamond and I vow to have it reset as my own forever love ring for myself. I just need to return to Dallas to the jeweler where we bought it to pick out a new design, melt down that platinum, and voila! Reclamation.

The reclaiming of body and space are coming along. Writing is a bit tougher. I meant to move and write with intention every single morning, but that hasn't quite happened so far. I've been moving every day with intention--still running (God bless the sun and warm January days) and working out with my fabulous trainer, TTT--but I've been a bit lax about the writing.

In fairness, I am a full-time grad student who happens to teach full time, write freelance and work an administrative job in academia. But writing is always the last thing to do until I change my mind and my habits.

And this seems to be a good moment for a quote from the Buddha:

"The thought manifests as the word; the word manifests as the deed; the deed develops into habit; and habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care, and let it spring from love born out of concern for all beings."

Genius.

And yes, this blog will likely be a little heavy on the Eastern philosophy and spirituality--just like divinemarathon--and it will likely focus somewhat on the body--just like divinemarathon--because that just happens to be my path in this here life.

So, thanks for reading, and welcome!

2 comments:

Sid said...

Ah, boo, my first comment didn't show up. It said, simply, welcome back to the internets, lovely! Looking forward to reading...

divine m said...

Hey thanks for reading, y'all! And thanks, Sid, for blogrolling me again. Maybe you can help me get one myself. . . .