Saturday, April 22, 2006

Neglected.

I return to you, dear bloggy friends, because I have missed you, yes. But why today in particular? Because I am on deadline and have already done the following in stalling writing this friggin' piece:

*cleaned the kitchen, including the floor
*had a good, long soak and shaved practically every damn thing that can be shaved on my body
*blew out my hair
*changed my outfit 3 times, and I have no plans to leave the house today at all
*ate every cookie in the house
*paced around in my slippers
*made lots of phone calls, mostly left messages
*booked the flights for my 2006 European Summer Extravaganza
*conducted a lengthy google search on "Phantom of the Opera" (ick) (for the review I'm stalling on writing)

What's left? A run, but I'm too full of ginger snaps for that.

Blogging.

Since the last post:

*HB came to town, called me "Baby" despite my protestations, then got caught (by me) talking on the phone to someone else apparently named "Baby", then he took me to dinner and confessed that he has always and continues to love me (pfft), then he emptied the house and drove back to Boston in a big truck filled with all kinds of shit that I used to use. Like a dining room table. As BFF said, "Now you've got a blank canvas and more room to dance." God, I love that girl. Speaks the truth, so she does.
*a very important figure in my life who also happens to hold a position of authority over me, confessed that he has fallen in love with me.
*I went to Confession. For the first time in many years.
*after doing the Stations of the Cross, on my knees. That's right, people. It was me getting crucified this Good Friday.
*I finished one of my teaching gigs for the year. Bye, bitches!
*And still no word on the job front, but there's been all kinds of proposing and rallying and potential movement surrounding the positions I hold. We'll see.

Geez. That's enough, isn't it?

Next week is finals week, so I'm hastily trying to finish up my own classwork. Oy. I can't wait for summer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Shaved everything!?! I'm getting all tingly inside. :)

Viv said...

Did you make an Easter Turducken? I hope so.

And another note -- if you do meet the B-man on May 5, tell him he fuckin' rules and is awesome. Literally in those words. If you do that, I'll give you a puppy. Or not.

Sid said...

Oh hon, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you this weekend. I love helping you procrastinate!

Your BFF is a wise lady. You listen to her. I'll send out happy vibes that will result in you getting scads of unexpected cash with wich to redecorate, okies?

Good luck on those testeseses. I'll talk to you soons.

divine m said...

Da: no

Carlos: put out the tingles; tweren't that exciting. And even if it were, I wouldn't tell you!

Viv: what's an Easter Turducken? I might have. . . . And if I meet the B-man, don't worry: he'll be getting an earful (at least) of lovin' from me. No puppy required.

Sid: Yeah, I wish I had your help procratinating this time, too. TTT scolded me for the cookies--said I should have called her. She would have said, "Big fucking deal. Write the review. Put down the cookie. Is that what we do when we fret?" Thanks for the cash prayers, although I find those don't get answered much.