Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ash Wednesday.

This will be my second time receiving ashes on my forehead in this fair city.

Seeing "Breakfast on Pluto" in Dublin is a very different experience than seeing it in Dallas. Although I was mildly drunk both times. Everyone here seemed much more amused by it all--I just think they copped on to the jokes better.

Is it wrong that I find Gavin Friday incredibly sexy?

Instead of seeking trouble yesterday, I hung out with Aisling and Ben. I spent some time in town, wandering around, running errands, seeing the movie, but I went back to the house and walked around the nearby memorial gardens beside the Liffey with my dear friends. It snowed. Can you believe it? That shit follows me. But I'll upload photos when I get home. You'll understand why I can't resist that kid. And my God is he loved. It's a beautiful thing.

Today, after ashes to ashes and dust to dust, I think I'll head toward the sea. I've decided not to visit Glendalough--it's too friggin' cold to be walking around a snow capped mountain. I'll lose my frostbitten fingers for sure. But I must sit by the sea before I leave. Maybe I'll go to Bono's house and see if they'll have me for tea.

What? If you don't ask . . .

1 comment:

Sid said...

I think they will have you in. That's my prediction.