Monday, March 06, 2006

Life in the Zoo





I'm back. And it's fine. For the first time ever I didn't cry all the way home from Ireland. This is personal growth. I think it means I'm more at home with myself--I don't need a particular place to feel like myself. This is good.


Although I do love the place. Miss it, too. But I'll return, as often as I need to.

In the meantime, I'm back to work in full force. I taught class last night and this morning and soon I'm off to another class and then to meet with students. I'm back to the gym working my ass off, too. I like being strong. And I'm back to running--put in a good hour outside yesterday. Getting geared up for the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago April 2. Sid will be in town then, too!

Yay!

As life goes on, I have memories and photos to keep Ireland with me--and part of me in Ireland. . . .

More to come as I get myself a flickr account. I promise.

And more about the street fighter Chicagoan I chatted with the seven hours back from Dublin . . . later.

1 comment:

Sid said...

You know, it's funny, i cried all the way home from london. I really need to get back there.

I can't wait to hear all about you and Mr. Airplane! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weekends, too. Yay!Talk soon when you're back to normal busy...

also, okay, why is my word verification yijcifxk? da hell? That is NOT a word.